I'm a big fan of paninis and have tried many variations over the years thanks to Trader Joe's vast variety of cheeses and fresh-baked bread. These are my three favorite go-to panini recipes using products from your local Trader Joe's store.
Caramelized Apple, Brie, and Pecan Panini Recipe
A delicious panini made with cinnamon bread, caramelized apples, toasted pecans, and brie.
Yield: 4 panini
2 Trader Joe's Organic Gala Apples, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch wedges
8 slices Trader Joe's Cinnamon Bread
4 ounces brie, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons Trader Joe's Raw Pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Arrange apples in a single layer on a baking pan lined with parchment paper, foil, or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake until apples become golden brown and the bottoms form a caramelized crust, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake until pecans start to turn golden, about 7 to 10 minutes. Shake the pan halfway through baking.
4. Preheat a panini grill to medium-high heat.
5. To assemble each panini: Layer a slice of cinnamon bread with a slice of brie, roasted apple slices, toasted pecans, and top with a second slice of bread. Grill panini until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Panini Recipe
A sweet and creamy panini with heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves on a French baguette.
Yield: 4 panini
1 Trader Joe's French baguette, cut into four slices and halved lengthwise
8-12 TJ's Fresh Basil Leaves
4 TJ's Organic Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
4 slices TJ's Mozzarella Cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle olive oil inside each baguette slice. To assemble panini, layer the bottom half of the baguette with basil leaves, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper and add the top half of baguette.
3. Grill panini until cheese is melted, about 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Bacon, Egg, and French Toast Panini Recipe
Indulgently delicious breakfast panini made with french toast, a hint of maple syrup, smoky bacon, and scrambled eggs.
Yield: 4 panini
8 slices Trader Joe's Sourdough Bread
1 dozen eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons low-fat milk
1 Tablespoon TJ's Maple Syrup
8 slices TJ's Bacon
salt and pepper
1. Cook bacon according to package.
2. Preheat panini grill to 375°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, 1 tablespoon milk, and maple syrup.
3. Dip bread slices in the egg mixture and transfer to the panini grill. Grill until egg mixture is fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the 8 remaining eggs, the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons milk and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour egg mixture into a large nonstick pan over medium heat. When the egg mixture begins to solidify, move the mixture around the pan with a spatula to scrape the cooked eggs from the bottom to the top of the mixture and expose the still-wet portions to the heat. Cook until eggs are no longer wet.
6. Assemble panini by layering the bacon and eggs between the two french toast slices.
|Easy Breezy Recipes