What you need:
- 2 c cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 c cooked rice
- 10 ¾ oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c red bell pepper, diced
- ½ c celery, diced
- ½ c bread crumbs
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 T butter
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Steam asparagus until tender but still crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
Spray a 3 qt casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine turkey, asparagus, rice, bell pepper, celery,
mushrooms, salt and pepper then transfer to casserole dish.
- Combine soup with broth and cheese in a saucepan; heat over
medium heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour
over ingredients in casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan then stir in bread crumbs. Cook
over medium heat until bread crumbs are browned, stirring
often. Sprinkle on casserole then bake for 30 minutes.