Assembly of Words | Who Else Wants A Healthy Potato Salad Recipe
Who Else Wants A Healthy Potato Salad Recipe
By: Brue Baker
Potato salad is be the perfect side dish for any type of summer barbeque. What's even better is that potato salad is better for you than many other sides like French fries, fried shrimp, potato chips, or coleslaw. If you decide to use the potato salad recipe below make sure to use organic ingredients so your potato salad is chemical free.
What Type Of Potato Should I Use In The Recipe?
Although any type of potato will taste fine in your potato salad, some people prefer the waxier gold, yellow and red potatoes for their recipe because they aren't as delicate as russet potatoes. Russet potatoes can tend to fall apart if they are handled too much.
Preparing Your Potatoes For The Recipe
When you are preparing your potatoes for a potato salad recipe, there are a few ways to do it. You can either cook the potatoes whole in their skin, cool them and peel the skin off, or you can scrub the potatoes and boil them with their skins on.
This is the healthiest way to make the salad as most of the nutrients in a potato are found in the skin. Just make sure that your guests are fine with eating potatoes with the skins on them.
A third way to prepare your potato salad recipe is to peel the potatoes, cut them into bite size pieces and then boil them. However, if you choose to cook your potatoes, as soon as the potatoes are tender, drain them. The potatoes will continue to cook until they cool so do not let them get too soft before draining them or your potato salad could be mushy.
The Salad Ingredients
* 8-10 organic potatoes, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
* 1 large organic tomato, diced
* 1 organic cucumber, diced
* 3 large organic green onions, finely chopped
* 2 ribs organic celery, diced
* 2-3 hard boiled organic eggs, chopped
* 1 organic green pepper, finely chopped
Salad Dressing Ingredients
* 1 cup canola mayonnaise
* 1-teaspoon mustard
* Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Boil, drain and cool your potatoes. Cut into bite size pieces and put into a large bowl. Add your chopped vegetables and eggs.
2. Blend the ingredients of your salad dressing and when it is mixed well, pour the salad dressing over your salad ingredients.
3. You can serve your potato salad immediately or you can let it chill for a few hours and up to a whole day before you serve it.
It is easy to customize your potato salad recipe with your favorite ingredients such as chives, basil, parsley and carrots. You can also create a spicier potato salad by adding hot salsa, chili peppers and garlic. It is actually best to eat your salad spicy because spicy food increases your metabolism and gives you more energy. Author Resource:->
Brue M. Baker, is an expert on natural health and fitness who has helped people from across the world sky-rocket their health and well-being. Rather than hitting your head against a wall trying to find unbiased health information let Brue take you by the hand and give you the best natural health resources
on the web. Visit DietHealthAndFitness.com
to learn more. Article From Assembly of Words